Tuesday 15 July 2014

WILL YOU NAME YOUR KID(S) AFTER YOUR EX?

So this morning i woke with a question on why we don't name our kids(s) after your exes. Bizarre it may sound but it's under the premise that your ex was very kind to you in the course of your relationship (or still is). It's uncommon to find people naming their kids after other people-close relations, non-close relations, celebrities who may have no direct relationship with them or fictional characters. So why not exes?
Let me state here that the name is defined as a first name (Christian/Moslem name), a middle name or a local name (traditional name as used by most Africans).

My question arose from the fact that, not all exes are bad or wicked or evil. Some are 'angels' who might have helped you in a very profound way. Perhaps, certain matters beyond your control interfered  with your ability to spend the rest of your life with them albeit that you still keep their memories sacred somewhere inside your heart.

So my thinking is/was in line with 'appreciating good exes' by making their memories manifest outwardly.

I threw this question out on twitter and these are some of the responses i received to the matter. One of my female friends had this to say "I will name my pet after them (kids) instead.

This was my earlier question:




















 This is what others think. Your responses are welcomed at the comment section and continue with discussions.

------- @swayekidd

No comments:

Post a Comment