Monday 19 March 2012

TRAY-GONE



I ain’t here to eulogize

Neither I’m I here to edify you

On suicide or homicide

I ain’t here to speak about how a teen’s life

Got ripped out of him on somebody’s suspicion

I ain’t here to talk about how a young man’s

Wrestle with his dreams got dimed

I ain’t here to remind you how for 200 years

 A section of this nation has fought just to be accepted

By a system that sought to keep them at bay.

I ain’t here to remind you of how the bridge over the gulf looks expanse,

Making it possible for us to walk to the other side but breaks at the middle by iron bars

I ain’t here to re-echo the mantra of us being one people, one nation; God’s children

Yet our breath, ripped from us cos of our pigment.

Tray’s gone!! Will there be a new dawn?!!



In honour of Trayvon Martin who was murdered in Florida.

swayekidd

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't murder. It was self-defense. Traygone should have kept his hands to himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if he had knew Zim was going to kill him, he wouldn't have kept his hands to himself.

    ReplyDelete